Toxic Head Lice Remedies That Could Harm Your Children

by | Feb 24, 2017 | Lice Treatments | 0 comments

[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
Children are more vulnerable to toxins than adults because their bodies are still growing. Children tend to drink more liquids, eat more food and breathe more air than the average adult which increases their exposure to toxins. This becomes a difficult decision for parents when they need to decide on a head lice treatment for their kids. When we look at the toxins in our environment, it can be overwhelming for the parent. Let’s talk about a few toxic head lice remedies that can cause more harm than good.


Mercury is an aqueous metallic substance that is mined from the earth’s crust. Mercury is commonly found in atmospheric emissions resulting from coal, power plants, cement production, smelting operations, gold mining and various other sources. When you take your child to the dentist and find a cavity, dentists will fill the cavity with mercury. There’s a chance that the mercury might slowly leach into your child’s body, and can cause long-term neurological damage, harm to peripheral vision, skin rashes and limit one’s ability to talk, hear or walk properly. Of course, these are extreme circumstances but it does happen! Children are particularly vulnerable to toxins as their development can be compromised and permanent damage can occur. Mercury-containing head lice treatments are on the long list of toxic head lice remedies. Be weary, check ingredients and always put your child’s safety first.


Lead is a natural toxin that can be found in your backyard soil. Old-fashioned pencils were made with lead until it was discovered that lead contains poison. Lead can be found in manmade products (such as pre-1978 house paint, water pipes and solder). Lead is a neurotoxin that can compromise blood, brain and nervous systems harming the kidneys, inhibiting cognitive ability and weakness in the extremities. Lead can also be found in everything from pharmaceuticals, lead-acid battery electrodes and radiation shields at the doctor’s office to countless construction and architectural materials, ammunition, imported children’s products, longer-burning candle wicks, polyvinyl chloride plastic (PVC), fishing tackle, decorative glass, artist’s supplies and Christmas lights. We strongly suggest staying away from lead.

Bisphenol A – BPA

This toxin is commonly referred to as BPA —  a plastic-derived compound. Approximately 90% of Americans carry detectable levels of this estrogen-mimicking menace in their blood, and in addition to the chemical messing with the reproductive system, it is believed to trigger cancer of the breast and prostate, plus hyperactivity in children. You can find BPA in thermal paper grocery store receipts, dental sealants, polycarbonate plastic food packaging, disposable plastic cutlery, water bottles, the linings in metal beverage/food cans, a whole host of children’s products (baby bottles, especially), sunglasses and toxic head lice remedies.